YAY! FREE BOOKS!
Thanks for stopping by to enter your chance to win a FREE copy of WANT TO GO PRIVATE? by Sarah Darer Littman.
This is a tough, but timely, book to read. It’s a story about a cyber predator and his young victim, Abby. Read my review here or the teen perspective here. If you’re not sure this book is for you, please consider this:
- Teens fall victim to cyber predators every day. If you are a teen, this book is for you (male or female).
- Parents and caregivers are often clueless about the real issues in their children’s lives and have no idea just how vulnerable their kids can be. Even smart kids. If you are a parent, this book is for you (even dads).
- Teachers get approached by hurting children and often have no idea why these kids hurt. They see bullying in school and watch the downward spiral of the students they have vowed to educate. If you are a teacher or librarian, this book is for you.
- Friends often fall away from each other as time goes by. Sometimes this leaves others emotionally vulnerable. If you are a friend, this book is for you.
- Adults entering relationships too fast with virtual strangers don’t really “know” the people they think they know–or what those people are into. If you are starting a new relationship–particularly a sexual relationship with someone you barely know–this book is for you.
- Widows and widowers are played by cyber predators in exactly the same way the main character in this book was. They are victims to their loneliness and their desire to be loved and accepted. They are especially vulnerable to predators wanting their money. If you are elderly and use the internet to form relationships, this book is for you.
- Boys are not exempt from abuse by sexual predators. Also, boys are or will be significant others of girls who may have been a victim. Your sensitivity is especially important in how you understand and treat girls. If you are a teen male, a male in your twenties, a daddy or a grandfather, this book is for you.
- Social workers, foster parents, judges, Guardians ad Litem, CASA workers and therapists all deal with the aftermath of an assault by sexual predators, cyber or otherwise. If you work with victims of any age this book is for you.
In other words, everyone should read this book. And therefore everyone (residing in the United States or who has access to Amazon’s Kindle) has a chance to win a copy. My give-away runs from November 1st-December 31st. At the end of that time, I’ll randomly draw three names from three categories to give away three books.
- Teens: simply put a “T” somewhere in your message.
- Parents/Caregivers/Relatives/Professionals: mark your message with a “P”.
- Bloggers: let me know who you are by providing a link to your blog and adding a “B” so I know which category to draw your name from.
All you have to do is leave a comment on this page, or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting me know you want to win a free book of Want to Go Private? Just make sure I have a way to get a hold of you in case you win (email addresses will not be disclosed to anyone for any purpose) or stop back after the New Year to see if you’ve won.
If you want to spread the #WTGV message of personal safety and add an additional copy of Want to Go Private? to the give-away, please check out the following link. If we reach 1,000,000 shout-outs before December 31st, I’ll give a fourth copy of this book away.
#WTGV (Want to Go Viral?) Book Give-Away is my attempt to get the message of personal safety into the world. If you believe in a person’s right to personal safety, please check my #WTGV page to see how you can spread the word.
Thanks for being a part of this!